The Number Administrator
The day-to-day work of the NAD is undertaken by the Number Administrator. The Number Administrator's main role is to:
- Allocate numbering resources in accordance with the Number Allocation Rules;
- Research, develop and recommend new rules or changes to the Telecommunications Numbering Plan, in consultation with interested parties;
- Analyse the Number Register to forecast number usage and consumption and formulating proposed steps to ensure the numbeirng resource is effectively and efficiently maintained;
- Maintain relationships with equivalent administrations overseas. This includes acting as New Zealand's representative at meeting of the International Telecommunications Union's working group on Numbering, Naming and Addressing;
- Keep abreast of numbering issues, both within New Zealand and without and recommend any changes to the New Zealand methodologies to ensure alignment with international best practice.